Hello, random Internet stranger!
If you are reading this, chances are you are interested in participating a life drawing session.
Why am I doing this?
I’m an artist who is interested in the potential for the act of drawing to facilitate connections. Being a huge geek, I’m equally fascinated by the way in which technology can assist and hinder these connections.
What I need from you
- 10 minutes of your time
- Your FaceTime or Skype username.
- A video call with you, where you will place your phone (or other device such as iPad or laptop) on a stable surface for the duration of the call, pointed at yourself.
- For 10 minutes, go about a relatively sedentary activity of your choice.
What I don’t want
- A lengthy verbal conversation with you (we don’t have to converse at all, if you prefer). I’m actually a massive introvert.
- Nudity, profanity, or the viewing of illicit activity of any kind.
- I will video conference you, greet you with a hearty hello, and briefly explain the process.
- I will mute my device, and cover the screen with a clear protective film.
- A sheet of Japanese rice paper will be placed atop said screen.
- The subtle movements of your person over a 10 minute period will be recorded in ink.
- After the session is complete, I will show you the resulting artwork, which will later appear below for your enjoyment.
Click here to message me on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=madebymarian